Nicole of Startup Production was asked to be a business coach and presenter at MACED’s FastTrac 2015 classes that are held at the Berea Chamber of Commerce. This year they are conducting two classes: Growth-Venture, for businesses that have been in operation for over three years, and New-Venture for new and startup businesses. What is the course description for each?
Two Classes for 2015 FastTrac
In FastTrac Growth Venture you’ll develop your ideas and learn by doing. A Certified FasTrac Facilitator will guide you through a process of reflection, vision and planning in an interactive setting with other entrepreneurs. You’ll leave the course motivated and confident to implement your ideas. Course Overview In seven interactive workshops, you will:
- Analyze your current business situation.
- Identify the best growth opportunities.
- Determine a model for growth.
- Build a budget that supports your vision and strategic plan.
- Find ways to strengthen your product/service
- Determine the best sales strategies for your market.
- Optimize the roles and responsibilitie
s of your management team.
- Discover the operational systems needed to support your growing business.
FastTrac NewVenture: Before you quit your job or invest your life savings, wouldn’t it be nice to know whether your idea has merit? In FastTrac NewVenture, you’ll write a feasibility plan on your venture’s strengths and weaknesses, examining your idea from every angle. You’ll also work closely with other aspiring entrepreneurs sharing ideas and strategies, and laying the groundwork for future business relationships. Through FastTrac NewVenture, you’ll discover whether the life of an entrepreneur is right for you. In FastTrac NewVenture, you’ll develop:
- Knowledge of the feasibility planning
- A feasibility plan that follows the concept analysis
- Research skills you can apply to the local market
- An understanding of the most common issues
- A network of entrepreneurial peers.
- Valuable mentor relationships.
- A sense of yourself as an entrepreneur.
The two classes meet each Monday from 5:30-8:30pm. The first hour will include a facilitated presentation and discussion of the evening’s topic. The second hour will be a guest speaker adding detail and real world experience to the session. The third hour will focus on the participants’ business concepts and plans. There will be varying amounts of homework between sessions.
Nicole of Startup Production presented “Effective Internet Marketing Strategies” to the New Venture class on September 28, 2015. The presentation encompassed the importance of website design, well written content, blogging, social media, content marketing, branding, and analysis. It was a lively discussion with group participation. The same presentation to the Growth Venture class will happen on November 9th.