In today’s competitive market, small business owners need to have a strategy to draw attention and create an identity in their industry’s customer base. Here are five easy and very inexpensive ways (mostly free) to boost your sales.
1. Establish a Social Media presence. The social web makes it more cost-effective than ever to get the word out about your products and services, no matter what industry you’re in. People crave valuable content, and it can be as niche as the very products you’re selling. By blogging, tweeting, sharing, and updating about things relevant to your industry, you can build credibility in your field. Listening is just as important, get feedback, answer questions and reply to comments to make your prospects feel heard and appreciated. [For more Social Media tips]
2. Announce Special Promotions. Who doesn’t love a good deal? Use incentives and promotions (on your website, social media, print ads, radio & TV commercials) to draw new prospects to your company and into your door. Incentives, promotions, reward programs build customer loyalty. Small businesses that employ great promotions can simultaneously cement their status as a fantastic local company.
3. Record and Analyze your Lead Generation. Ask every new prospect where they heard about your company. Make the leads generated from your online, print and tv ads trackable. If you keep good records, you can analyze where your marketing dollars (and time) are being well spent.
4. Enhance your Giving. Provide a pro-bono service or offer a discount to a non-profit in your area to help your community. Yes, you can help a few people who really need help—just like, somewhere along the way, someone went out of his way to help you. You remember how that felt. Pass it on.
5. Keep your Content Fresh. Don’t let your website become static or boring, and make sure each step of your sales process is seamless. On a monthly basis, check the content of your website and make sure your website is evolving (with fresh content, pictures, event listings, new products and services, updated portfoilio, and video) as your business evolves. For professional help in enhancing your website’s design and organizing your content into a readable and engaging way, call Startup Production!