On May 6, 2015, Nicole Mueller of Startup Production attended the U.S. Small Business Administration Awards at the Capitol Rotunda in Frankfort, Kentucky. The Award ceremony demonstrated how SBA celebrates outstanding entrepreneurs and small business advocates in Kentucky.
The Commonwealth’s best were celebrated in the Capitol Rotunda in Frankfort May 6 with an awards ceremony recognizing outstanding small businesses and small-business people. Kentucky Celebrates Small Business was presented by the Kentucky Small Business Development Center (KSBDC), part of theUniversity of Kentucky College of Agriculture, Food and Environment, the Kentucky district office of the U.S. Small Business Administration and the Lexington chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners.
Nicole was awarded the 2015 Home-Based Small Business Advocate of the Year award. The 2015 Kentucky Small Business Administration award winners are:
Kentucky Small Business Person of the Year: Scott Shinn, president and CEO of Sustainment Solutions Inc.
- Kentucky 8(a) Graduate of the Year: Kathy Mills, president and CEO of Strategic Communications
- Kentucky SBA Resource Partner of the Year: David Oetken, director of Small Business Development Center Louisville
- Kentucky Financial Services Advocate of the Year: Mark Strother, president and CEO of Commercial Bank of Grayson
- Kentucky Woman Small Business Advocate of the Year: Michelle Gorman, small business specialist at U.S. Bank of Bowling Green
- Kentucky Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Shane Hamilton, president and owner of Service Maids LLC
“I am so honored and blessed to have received this award and recognition. I would first like to thank Jason Rainey at the EKU Small Business Development Center for nominating me.
As a small business owner going into my 15th year, the joys have greatly outweighed the obstacles and struggles of running a business. Some of the joys I have received have included the following,
- I have enjoyed working with and assisting my clients, which are often small & home-based business owners, to grow and achieve success through my web design and internet marketing services.
- I have established inspiring partnerships by getting involved with so many great local organizations including Berea & Richmond Chambers, Commerce Lexington, Women Leading KY, the Small Business Development Center in Lexington and Richmond, and Business Babes Society.
- I have been honored to learn from and also assist fellow and future entrepreneurs with groups like MACED, CEDET, CEDIK and SBDC.
- I have been able to use my services to help non-profits in our community through sponsorship, volunteering and mentoring.
- And as a result, I have seen my business grow over the last ten years to a point that my team is growing as well, which goes to show that even a Home-Based business can be a job creator, as well as an effective and influential contribution to their local community and economic development.
- I have grown my home-based business so that it can support my family but also give me the flexibility to be a successful wife and mother as well.
I would like to thank my husband Rick and my son Jonah for their support and encouragement, because they provide my motivation and are my biggest cheerleaders. I also thank the hundreds of business owners that have become loyal clients, friends and an inspiration to me professionally. It is because of my clients that I have and continue to develop new products and marketing services that are affordable and fit their needs.
And thank you to Michael Ashcraft and the Kentucky SBA as well as Governor Beshear for applauding and supporting Kentucky Small Business Owners! We truly would not be here without your support and continued efforts to stimulate economic growth of locally owned businesses.” – Nicole Mueller
- Photos from the Small Business Celebration: Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development · Photo Album
- Director of the KY Small Business Development Center, Becky Naugle’s story for Small Biz Week: University of Kentucky News
- Lexington Herald Article on May 18, 2015: Business Awards: Week of May 18