Why your Business Needs a Presence on Social Media
The Number One reason is that your target audience is logged on to social media everyday! Here are the stats to prove it (as of Q1 of 2020):
- Facebook has 1.62 billion visits per day.
- Twitter has 145 million visits per day.
- Pinterest has 50+ million visits per day (in US alone)
- Instagram has 200 million visits per day.
- Nearly 50% of the world’s population and 79% of the US population use social media. That’s over 3 billion users worldwide.
Other reasons why you need a social media presence:
- Foster brand awareness with relevant and engaging content.
- Improve customer service by replying to feedback, questions and comments.
- Social media is relatively inexpensive compared to traditional marketing outlets (radio, TV and newspaper) and reaches a much larger audience.
- Social media can also help build links that support your SEO efforts (which in turn drives more traffic to your website). And social media platforms like Facebook and Google My Business are doing a much better job at indexing keywords in your profile descriptions but also your post content.