There are Not Shortcuts to an Effective Web Presence
There is so much more to web design in choosing a template and then dragging and dropping in content and images, but it’s introducing who you are and how you can serve them, it’s about attracting visitors to engage with your brand’s story, to be motivated and be logically directed to your call-to-action, and provided a reason to return to your site again and again. Web design is well-balanced blend of design, content and functionality with a focus on user experience (UX) and search engine optimization (SEO).
“Great web design instills trust in your business. According to web credibility research from Stanford, 75% of users admit to making judgments about a company’s credibility based on their website’s design.” – Stanford Web Credibility Research
Those who strive to create a website on their own with various web builders, end up with a product that looks patched together, with a lack of clear direction, that is not optimized and that gives the user the impression that you are on a tight budget, with little resources and with little care for your branding. That is if they can find your site to begin with … without searching for your company name.
To make a memorable impression, you have to be consistent with your branding and the message it conveys. A well-designed website should reflect your company’s personality and appeal to your target audience through its design and its content. If your website is awkward, unprofessional or confusing, that’s the impression visitors will have of your business. Good design gives any website a stronger chance of success.
Questions to ask about your website:
- Is your website responsive and mobile-friendly?
- Are you happy with your website’s design?
- Does your website’s design engage users to stay and explore?
- If you’re using a web builder, are you frustrated by the limitations of their design tools, functionality, and content limitations?
- How well does your site rank on your targeted keywords (not just the name of your business)?
- How well is your site performing?
- Do you know what is involved in optimizing your website? Has your web designer (or web builder’s tutorials) trained you on the key elements so you are involved in the optimization of your web presence?
- Is your website easy to update and manage content? Has your website designer trained you on how to manage your website content and make changes easily?
- Do you know how to analyze your website statistics including your search volumes, traffic levels, session times, CTR, bounce rate, and conversions?
- And most importantly … Is your website costing you clients?
We work closely with our clients to communicate and develop the required components of their new or redesigned website:
- ORGANIZATION (Navigation)